Level 2: ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop- Brussels
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation provides a comprehensive training programme for Award teams from licensed Independent Award Centres (IACs), and for external activity providers. This training framework is designed to equip all adults involved in supporting the International Award with the skills and knowledge to succeed in their roles.
The Level 2 ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop is a core component of the training framework, and is intended to follow successful completion of the Level 1 online training modules, available on www.awardcommunity.org. Please note that if you do not complete all the courses before you will not be able to register or participate in the training in Brussels. Completion of Level 1 courses is not only a prerequisite, it also enables you to effectively make most out of the two days.
For advice on how to access Level 1 training, please contact your dedicated Operations Manager, or email us on email@example.com.
Who should attend this workshop?
Successful completion of the Level 2 ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop is mandatory for adults wishing to perform the roles of Award Leader, Award Coordinator, Adventurous Journey Supervisor, Adventurous Journey Assessor or Award Verifier, and who have not been previously trained by the Foundation.
Therefore, please enrol to attend if you are:
• An Award Coordinator who has not been previously trained by the Foundation
• A new Award Leader
• A new Adventurous Journey Supervisor (from an IAC or External Activity Providers)
• A new Adventurous Journey Assessor (from an IAC or External Activity Providers)
The training fee is 200 GBP/ 240 USD / 225 EUR per person. This applies to all registrations received between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020.
Please note that the right to deliver The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is subject to licence. The Award can only be delivered to participants by an Award team at a licensed Independent Award Centre (IAC). For more information about becoming licensed as an IAC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Basic IAC licence requires each IAC to have a minimum of 2 Award team members fully trained.
National Award Operators
Representatives of National Award Operators (NAOs) are welcome to (and often do) attend the Level 2 Delivering the Award Workshop. However, please be aware that training requirements may differ between the Foundation and an NAO. If you are interested in attending this workshop as an NAO representative, please speak to your Regional Office contact.
31 May- 1 June 2019
Rue du Progrès 9
IAC Training: Brussels
- “My Residential Project helped broaden my horizons. It was nice also to be surrounded by people who aren't my age,… https://t.co/KpWupmgfaK
- Well done to the 36 young people from Scotland who received their Gold Awards. Speaking about his experience, Kie… https://t.co/kun75Bpn65
- RT @dofebec: Congratulations @GirlguidingScot that is another Gold #DofE award approved this morning! Great too to see that your open Bron…
- The Award in #SouthAfrica is celebrating Madiba's birthday through participating in the Voluntary Service Section o… https://t.co/1s6cO0GVUz
- The young people involved were given the opportunity to try rock climbing for the first time. This experience helpe… https://t.co/jdT0wvJldN