Level 2: ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop- Kuala Lumpur
The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Foundation provides a comprehensive training programme for Award teams from licensed Independent Award Centres (IACs), and for external activity providers. This training framework is designed to equip all adults involved in supporting the International Award with the skills and knowledge to succeed in their roles.
The Level 2 ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop is a core component of the training framework, and is intended to follow successful completion of the Level 1 online training modules, available on www.awardcommunity.org. Please note that if you do not complete all the courses before you will not be able to register or participate in the training in Kuala Lumpur. Completion of Level 1 courses is not only a prerequisite, it also enables you to effectively make most out of the two days.
For advice on how to access Level 1 training, please contact your dedicated Operations Manager, or email us on email@example.com. See Award Community tab above for direct link to the website.
Who should attend this workshop?
Successful completion of the Level 2 ‘Delivering the Award’ workshop is mandatory for adults wishing to perform the roles of Award Leader, Adventurous Journey Supervisor or Adventurous Journey Assessor and who have not been previously trained by the Foundation. Award Coordinators (who not otherwise performing one of the other roles) and Award Verifiers will also benefit from the training.
Therefore, please enrol to attend if you are:
• A new Award Coordinator who is also an Award Leader or AJ Supervisor / AJ Assessor
• A new Award Leader
• A new Adventurous Journey Supervisor (from an IAC or external activity provider)
• A new Adventurous Journey Assessor (from an IAC or external activity provider)
The training fee is 200 GBP/ 240 USD / 225 EUR per person. This applies to all registrations received between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020.
Please note that the right to deliver The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award is subject to licence. The Award can only be delivered to participants by an Award team at a licensed Independent Award Centre (IAC). For more information about becoming licensed as an IAC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Basic IAC licence requires each IAC to have a minimum of 2 Award team members fully trained.
National Award Operators
Representatives of National Award Operators (NAOs) are welcome to (and often do) attend the Level 2 Delivering the Award workshop. However, please be aware that training requirements may differ between the Foundation and an NAO. If you are interested in attending this workshop as an NAO representative, please speak to your Regional Office contact.
IAC Training: Kuala Lumpur
- Award Leader Zaharruddin, from Malaysia, shares his reasons for bringing the Award to his youth club https://t.co/qfMqL0KNPj @zaharAbdMajid
- Happy #InternationalDayofEducation! The Award aligns with many of the #GlobalGoals including Goal 4: Quality Educat… https://t.co/ZqUZcYb4c1
- Stephanie from Canada, likes her Award participants to see her as an ally and a motivator #AwardLeaderWeek… https://t.co/piUZ0onSEv
- We surveyed our Award Leaders and found out what skills they think they need to best help their participants become… https://t.co/DqLv64uW5V
- Meet Pratima from Nepal! #AwardLeaderWeek @DoEIANepal pic.twitter.com/QUq8L7EoOV